AMP 1.89% $1.08 amp limited

Hi all,Whoever has been following AMP closely... Can I seek some...

1. 326 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 14
    Hi all,
    Whoever has been following AMP closely... Can I seek some clarification? All my readings of late on AMP are summarised below: Note - not used Collimate name deliberately as it may become meaning less in coming days (hoping note though)
    1) AMP Capital is the crown jewel in whole AMP limited.
    2) AMP Capital has one of the most lucrative assets under management and billions of other FUM.
    3) AMP Capital has churned profit of $150m (circa)
    4) Most analyst had estimated the break up valuations ranging around $1b to $1.5b
    5) Either Demerger or the trade sale of AMP Capital is seen as the main catalyst in short-term that drives value of share price.

Now... questions I'm begging to ask... Why and how on earth trade sale to one party (Dexus) is fetching sale price of just around $300 million plus getting a few other hundred millions I read from other co-invested assets sale of AMP Capital parts. That total value of sale I'm seeing just being realized is just around $500m. Is that right...??Firstly, that's a way off from $1.5b expected sale valuation. Secondly, how that is possible and can be seen as a good compelling value for your crown jewel asset? Thirdly, why even sell when you don't have a plan on what are you going to do with the proceeds, if valuation is not favourable and let market decide in long-run on what the valuation is for such a profitable business. Lastly, what would be rationale on this one can think of?

Please provide your input in summarising the valuation part please as I would appreciate how other knowledgeable investors are digesting on the recent news developments? Thanks!!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AMP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.08
Change
0.020(1.89%)
Mkt cap ! $2.834B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.06 $1.08 $1.06 $25.50M 23.80M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 139193 $1.08

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.08 37879 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AMP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.