AKK 0.00% 0.3¢ austin exploration limited

I work in the oil and gas industry but mainly offshore on...

1. 37 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I work in the oil and gas industry but mainly offshore on development wells not exploration but after seeing the video of the 'gusher' in Colorado I was left a bit baffled and I was hoping that someone with US land or more knowledge then myself could explain a few things.

I understand that land drilling in the US is a beast to its own that often has operators drilling with sketchy equipment and untrained crews but none of it seems to make sense.

I am assuming if they are seeing the well flow through their drill pipe they have their BOP rams shut and either do not have a float valve in the string or it has failed. If so they should have their top drive or kelly screwed in or be stabbing in a TIW or safety valve in quick order so the well can be shut in and killed. Instead they seem to be happy to sit there while the well flows which from a well control standpoint is a big no no as a small amount of flow can build into a torrent as the well unloads.

Am I way off base and there is something I am missing as it does not seem to add up to me.

I am not trying to down ramp I am just confused and concerned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AKK (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.