MST 0.00% 0.1¢ metal storm limited

It didn't escape me Schiffhead (must be careful typing your...

1. 20,220 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1782
    It didn't escape me Schiffhead (must be careful typing your name!)
    I said exactly that to a poster named t0nes who used to post of SS not long after the release,for the same reasons you gave, that is of course if PNG did destroy their existing armory of weapons?

You may be right about Colt wanting a presence in Asia, it would make sense really, they need to broaden their horizons seeing as how they no longer have the US DOD in their pockets with a sole source contract for the M4 any longer.

They may not be the only ones looking at making a replacement carbine for the Steyr though, if my info is correct Thales are busily building a new weapon also, from what I hear? to replace the Steyr perhaps, it's worth remembering that Thales bought out ADI who make the Steyrs at Lythgo, from what I hear Thales are looking at a new weapon based on the old SLR, some would ask why do that? simple really, it is far more reliable to use a gas operated piston driven cocking mechanism, because it prevents a lot of the burnt propellant wastes from entering the slide and causing a stoppage,another reason perhaps is that it may be a larger caliber than the Steyr? but I have a very sneaky suspicion that there may also be another very important function that the gas operated piston delivers, you can adjust the gas plug on the old SLR to alter the amount of gas applied to the piston depending on what sort of ammunition you are using, I hear that the US is looking at 6.8mm as the best caliber, it's a compromise between 5.65 and 7.62mm, one that has a better stopping power but is less heavy than the latter?
    This gas plug may also help with another US request maybe?
    Hyperburst!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MST (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.