RRS 0.00% 0.1¢ range resources limited

come fly with me

1. 3,271 Posts.
    You gotta laugh, from todays paper.

MELBOURNE underworld figure Mick Gatto and business associate John Khoury have made a secret trip to London in an effort to recoup millions of dollars owed to their clients following the collapse of Opes Prime.

The pair arrived in London last night and are believed to be meeting two Australian business figures — Mihran "Mick" Shemessian and Leo "The Gun" Khouri — to broker a deal that could see millions of dollars repaid to the Opes Prime investors who hired Mr Gatto's company, Arbitrations and Mediations.

The timing of the trip coincides with Opes Prime creditors being offered a settlement from ANZ Bank and Merrill Lynch to avoid class action litigation.

That offer, made on Friday to hundreds of Opes Prime shareholders, is believed to equate to between 40 and 56 cents in the dollar on the value of their lost share portfolios.

A guarded Mr Gatto was at Sydney Airport, awaiting a flight to London, when he spoke with The Age.

"I don't know where your mail is from, but it's good," he said when asked if he was flying to London with Mr Khoury.

http://business.theage.com.au/business/gatto-in-uk-for-opes-hunt-20090301-8lhj.html

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RRS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.