CNP 0.00% 4.0¢ cnpr group

come on ann...., page-12

1. 25,108 Posts.
    Hi CT,

I note your comments on CNP and CER and CER and CER and upon digesting all of the information when it is announced, if it turns out that CNP will not be receiving a dividend for many many years to come then I may very well decide to do the old "swap-a-roo" (if you'll pardon the pun) and come over to that ever-crowded CER 'dark side' - lol. In the meantime and in reply to your 'off topic' conversation:-

I don't know much about Ghandi (or India for that matter) other than the fact that my mother was born there (British Raj). She went to Boarding School there until she was 15 years of age and indirectly because of Ghandi she migrated to Australia.

From memory it was Ghandi who forced the hand of the British Empire to hand over India for independence through civil disobedience & non-violence. As a result Mountbatten handed over India to the Indians and it was split into 2 countries - Muslims went north and the Hindu's went south and there was a lot of killing in the middle. I think he was assassinated. Anyways, this was the reason my mother arrived (with her family) in Australia on India's Independence Day aboard the HMAS Manoora.

Interestingly (and quite sadly) because of Australia's 'Whites Only Policy' at the time (1947) some Indians who worked for my mother's family were not allowed to disembark in Australia.

Cheers, Pie :)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CNP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.