WFL 0.00% 0.3¢ wellfully limited

Come On Now, page-39

1. 3,636 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1021
    Attitudes, the 'whining' comment was directed @ Mak...please re-read this thread as I am replying to 2 posters at once.........it's not all about you attitudes .

Attitudes, I can provide you with a tsunami of information if you have the time to read, but you have all of the same information at you fingertips and I am a little time-poor today. But here's one announcement (one of many) from 10 years ago. What ever happened to peptide delivery that was proven to deliver '28-fold' enhancement? There are many other additional examples but I am sure you get the point. Around 10 years ago Shareholders were advised that the Pharmaceutical route takes at least 10 years for Clinical Trials (Phase I, II, IIa, III etc) and that the cosmetic/skin care route is much quicker to market, profitability for OBJ & Shareholder Wealth Creation.

10 years later and it has been no quicker imo. Unless of course Pfizer, GSK etc (Pharmaceuticals) have been conducting these trials in stealth mode; which has all been done in parallel with the work P&G have done. But what would I know. I'm just one of the owners of this company that is currently sitting mostly in darkness. I am still optimistic but I refuse to sit in darkness for much longer:

Wednesday, 11 July 2007

POSITIVE RESULTS FOR DELIVERY OF THERAPEUTIC PEPTIDE

OBJ Limited (ASX:OBJ) is pleased to report positive results in a recent study using Dermaportation to deliver a therapeutic peptide. The study, conducted by Curtin University Department of Pharmacy, investigated the ability of OBJ’s drug delivery technology to enhance the delivery of a di-peptide (ALA-TRP) through excised human skin. The results demonstrated that the transdermal delivery of ALA-TRP through human epidermis was increased 28-fold by Dermaportation. Importantly, the study also showed that the peptide was delivered unaltered by Dermaportation. Time (hrs) after administration 0 2 4 6 8 Cumulative amount of Dipeptide (g) ± SEM 0 20 40 60 80 100 120 140 Passive diffusion (n = 9) Dermaportation treated (n = 9) Dermaportation on Therapeutic peptides are molecules made up of 2-100 amino acids that are highly effective and selective in targeting specific biological processes. Peptides can be used to treat a broad range of diseases including cancer, cardiovascular, infection, metabolic diseases and central nervous system disorders. 1 The therapeutic peptide market consists of approximately 40 approved products and generated global revenues of US$7.2B in 2003.2 The market is forecast to expand rapidly over the decade to reach US$20B in 2013, as some of the 670 peptides in development enter the market. Further opportunities exist for therapeutic peptides in the $4.7B anti-ageing cosmeceutical industry. Therapeutic peptides are generally delivered by intravenous injection, as they are broken down by the digestive system during oral delivery. Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies are actively seeking innovative and patient-friendly technologies to enhance the delivery of therapeutic peptides. A large market opportunity exists for an effective transdermal delivery system for therapeutic peptides. Dermaportation has the potential to make the administration of these important peptide drugs more convenient, patient friendly and cost-effective than current delivery methods. 1 Frost & Sullivan. Therapeutic Peptides in Europe: Finding the Opportunities. California 2004. 2 Allary C & Pichereau C. Therapeutic Peptides Under the Spotlight. European Biopharmaceutical Review Winter 2005

http://www.asx.com.au/asxpdf/20070711/pdf/313dm2nn0sqv8r.pdf

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WFL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.