come together, right now over hc radio

1. 1,320 Posts.
    Doo doo dee dum doo wah.... welcome listeners to another evening of tunes from days gone by when dinosaurs roamed the earth wearing their jumper tucked into their Levis and girls wore jean dresses that pushed fashion to new lows. I met a man recently who told me he loved our little radio show. Then he asked me to play a special song that reminded him of a special girl. His story goes like this: eons ago he was sitting at a set of traffic lights in his old Torana when this maiden, this beauty walked across the crossing and he looked at her and she caught his eye and gave that look. You know that look, listeners. The one that says I'm sort of interested as long as you have a job, money and wash at least weekly. This fellow tells me he was in love instantly, his tongue went dry and the palms got sweaty and he so wanted to say something to her. So he leans out the window just as she looks back at him and he musters all his courage and says... 'gees ya got nice norks.' I asked if this special lady was still with him. No, he replied, she gave me the finger, but I still think of her every day. He then said, Larry, there was a song playing on the radio at that moment, can you play it for me? So for all scorned men everywhere, here is a special request from the Torana man.

Bob Hudson's Newcastle Song

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.