FAR 1.02% 48.5¢ far limited

Comfortably underwater

1. 6,097 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    I know a lot of posters are comfortable being under water and are comfortable being kept in the dark and are prepared to wait 6 years to see some sort of return on their dreadful investment but never, ever forget this caper is putrid.
    At least fast Eddie gets to spend Christmas in jail even if young Oliver doesn't.
    The caper is rigged.

I don't trust anyone.
    The system doesn't give a toss about people like us.
    Ignore the company apologists is my best piece of advice if you feel the need to ignore anyone.

Family ties ensure sons like Oliver Curtis will fall only so far
    An appeal could see convicted insider trader, Oliver Curtis, freed as early as this Friday morning and home with the family in time for Christmas. But whatever the outcome, one certainty is that family ties will ensure he – like his partner in crime John Hartman – don't fall too far from the golden perch.
    One of the most damning strands in the tale of Hartman and Curtis, was the wave of immense privilege that delivered them to such giddy heights at such a young age.

Rogue Traders

Not long out of school, best friends John Hartman and Oliver Curtis were starting out in the world of high finance.
    And all the evidence suggests it has not abandoned them.
    Hartman has found employment in Western Australia with the foundation of billionaire Andrew 'Twiggy' Forrest.

Roxy Jacenko did not attend her husband's appeal hearing. She attended every day of his trial. Photo: Daniel Munoz
    Curtis will almost certainly return to the safe confines of the business enclave set up by his father, Nick Curtis, if he wins the appeal.  
    It doesn't stop there, either.
    Among those whose reputation was caught in the cross-fire of the courtroom battle was John's brother, Edward Hartman. He had a senior role at UBS at the time of the committal hearing for Curtis.
    The court heard of emails from Edward to his brother with a very shady proposition: Fixing a horse race with controversial jockey, Danny Nikolic. This evidence was never contested in court.
    Star prosecution witness John Hartman. Photo: Louise Kennerley
    Edward left UBS soon after the emails came to light, but landed another plum role in New York as the head of boutique fund manager, Caledonia Investments.
    But Edward has now turned up at a very prominent new employer – Rupert Murdoch's News Corp – as its New York-based head of mergers and acquisitions.

A young Edward Hartman, when he was an amateur jockey, with Excellerator. Photo: Tamara Voninski TVZ
    For those with short memories, John and Edward's dad is Dr Keith Hartman – who is known as the obstetrician to the stars after delivering babies for Erica and James Packer, as well as Sarah and Lachlan Murdoch.
    Lachlan is now, of course, co-chairman of News Corp.
    It is safe to assume News Corp papers will not be repeating this 2007 email from Edward which The Australian reported a few years back: "I love f---ing over private clients. Let's go get a bottle of champagne."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
48.5¢
Change
-0.005(1.02%)
Mkt cap ! $44.81M
Open High Low Value Volume
48.5¢ 48.5¢ 48.5¢ $4.85K 10K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 31741 48.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
49.0¢ 200000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.04am 07/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.