The Australian Stock Exchange
    Company Announcements Office
    Level 4,
    20 Bridge Street
    Sydney NSW 2000
    Dear Sir,
    CROWN DIAMOND MINE, SOUTH AFRICA
    (no relation to Crown Diamonds NL)
    The Directors advise that Conquest Mining Limited (Conquest) has obtained the
    exclusive right to aquire 100% of the Crown Diamond Mine Project located 25 km
    north of Kroonstaad, South Africa from the Chistiaan Potgeiter Trust, subject to the
    completion of a technical, legal and financial due diligence study to the satisfaction of
    Conquest. The indicative purchase price of the Project is 40 million Rand (~AUD8
    million) and it is anticipated that the due diligence will take between one and four
    months to complete.
    I
    t is Conquest’s intention to completely debt fund the acquisition should it be satisfied
    with its due diligence on the Project. Rupert Resources Pty Ltd previously conducted
    a AUD4.0 million prefeasibility study at the Crown Diamond Mine using Steffen
    Robertson Kirsten (South Africa) and MPH Consulting (Botswana) from 1997 to
    2000. Studies include a bankable feasibility study for retreating tailings at surface
    that have remained untouched for the past seventy years.
    I
    n the event Conquest proceeds with the acquisition, it has agreed to provide
    Hastings & Associates Pty Ltd a finder’s fee of AUD750,000 in cash and 20,000,000
    CQTO options, subject to receipt of shareholder approval.
    The Crown Diamond Mine produced an estimated 701,346 carats between 1902 and
    1931 by open pit and underground methods to an approximate depth of 240 metres.
    The mine fell into disuse during WWII and remained mothballed with DeBeers until
    1997, whereupon it was sold to the current owner.
    MPH reports several other diamond exploration targets within the Project area.
    DeBeers has recently commenced a AUD5.6 million prefeasibility study at the
    Voorspoed kimberlite pipe, 5km east of the Crown pipe.
    The Company will be reviewing additional data and be in a position to make further
    statements in relation to the Crown Diamond Mine Project.
    J TERPU
    Managing Director
    ACN 009 232 277
    ABN 33 009 232 277
    Suite 4/ 213 Balcatta Rd,
    Balcatta WA 6021
    Tel: (08) 9240 4111
    Fax: (08) 9240 4054

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CQT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.