MSB 4.89% $1.07 mesoblast limited

Coming News ???, page-86

1. 6,783 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1469

Hey @ddwn, I just love how you can a) remember things, and b) find them! I suffer from brain fog (new term I learnt today)... anyway I read speech given by USA VP Pence on July 2nd in Florida.. this convalescent plasma therapy, is that a concern?

President Trump asked the FDA to reduce regulatory barriers to getting medical products out to Americans during this time of a public health emergency. And we set up something called the Coronavirus Treatment Acceleration Program. And what we’ve seen over the last several months is just the incredible American biomedical research engine go forth. We now have a number of therapies that are available for patients, and that also gives me great hope.We have remdesivir, that’s been mentioned, which has been shown to reduce the stay of hospitalization in sick COVID-19 patients.We’ve seen a trial that’s shown us that corticosteroids, dexamethasone, and others have the potential for reducing mortality by 30 percent in sick hospitalized patients. And that has been mentioned here. We have convalescent plasma, and convalescent plasma, of course, has been used for years for patients who’ve had infectious diseases, where you take the liquid protein portion of a blood that has the immunity, the natural immunity from someone who’s recovered from COVID-19, and you give that to someone who’s sick.

We’ve seen some early encouraging results in 20,000 patients that’s been shown to be safe. And we have more than 28,000 patients in the U.S. who’ve been treated with convalescent plasma. And we’ll get some relatively — we’ll get some news relatively soon on the data on the effectiveness of this

I do love how they talk up the US biomedical research... almost makes everything sound like its home grown!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.