CTP 3.92% 5.3¢ central petroleum limited

BrunoIf we head along the UCG path we dont have the problemIf we...

1. 801 Posts.
    Bruno

If we head along the UCG path we dont have the problem

If we head along the CSM path.
    At a guess I would imagine we would have exactly the same problem.

That said, There are a number of things in our favour. 1stly I would imagine the evaporation rate would be substantially higher. Less humiditiy and generally hotter (at a guess) conditions should allow evaporation to occur alot quicker. therefore reducing the requirement for surface area and the immediate land area, cost, maintenance etc.. required of a "treatment pond".

2. I would imagine that a semi arid area has alot less ecologically sensitive fauna/flora that would be required to be protected. In that any venture of this type should been seen to have a much reduced ecological effect given the vast areas of the "centre"

3. To date the NT government have been very proactive in fostering not only the discovery but also the sustainable development of its resources. It clearly has hung out the "open for business" sign to the world energy players and this has included some of the more traditionally alternative energy plays.

4. Although I am very much to be convinced on the method or indeed the viability of the "man made" (where the hotrock is actually tapped by drilling and fractured rather than existing via natures whim) geothermal "hot rock" energy area. It may present an area where this water may not only be utilised but also purified and returned as crystal clear water.

This is all conjecture and open not only too debate but probably riddicule.

What to do with the water as it were is an intriguing question, one we may need to look to in the future. Given the size of the potential I am sure it will be a bridge that can be crossed if it is warranted.

Folks, too those that look for an ann. this week. We may well get one this week but I ask you this, Why would BG suddenly stop dragging its heals.

They are in, for the minimum expenditure, no if's and or buts. That is my read on it and I cant see it being otherwise.
    They are only interested in this coal type play. They want the logs and the lab results. Both of these are a way off. They have the skills to delay CTP with their verdict and they will do just that.

IMO and again who can read the future but....
    When the drill hits the ground on the first coal type target and it returns not only the same depths as blamore and cbm. It will confirm the already verified seismic. If the coals are as "gassey" as they were before this should suggest good cleating but will be confirmed initially via logging.
    The maceral types will be the same as the seismic identifies the anomoly as being continuous, therefore the volatility will be the same.

BG will then have test confirmation of what they have to date put $(18m + their share of drilling) towards. They will then either up the offer of ROG and try to squeeze them out or walk away because it does not fit into their CSM stratergy. If they do walk away ROG will then want to step in as their technology is geared towards UGC.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.3¢
Change
0.002(3.92%)
Mkt cap ! $39.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.2¢ 5.3¢ 5.2¢ $6.085K 117.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 559993 5.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
5.5¢ 60757 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.00pm 11/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CTP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.