Gen 2:2 is very clear that God rested on the 7th. Notice the...

1. 11,826 Posts.
    Gen 2:2 is very clear that God rested on the 7th. Notice the "ed" at the end of rest. Meaning done rested, finished on that day. Nothing like "began" to rest.
    --------
    Wotsup, we both agree God's rest did not begin before the 7th day. While many versions say rested, the second version I read said proceeded to rest and another said left off working. Nowhere does it say God's rest day is finished in any version you choose to use. David wrote under inspiration that the Jews did not enter into God's rest in Joshua's day. - Psalm 95:11 You will see that for yourself if you carefully read Hebrews 4:1-10, which is quoting from Psalm 95.
    Hebrews 4:9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God. KJV.
    Leave the word began out if you like but make sure you don't insert the word ended when speaking of God's rest. His rest that continues on in our day is a rest from creative works and has nothing to do with being tired.
    Isaiah 40: 28 Hast thou not known? hast thou not heard, that the everlasting God, the LORD, the Creator of the ends of the earth, fainteth not, neither is weary? KJV
    Jesus points out that his Father continues to work.

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work. KJV

It is just with regard to works of creation here on earth that God is resting. BTW, I would struggle to understand the KJV if I was unable to read it in modern English as well.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.