AVR 1.85% $11.93 anteris technologies ltd

maybe he is, but the whole industry is dangling carrots. this...

1. 303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 113
    maybe he is, but the whole industry is dangling carrots.
    this week I've read report after report on the rise of TAVR. there's a few studies, including one from Medtronic that have just concluded after 2 years to prove safety as par or better than SAVR.
    monitoring of patients for follow up at 5 and 10years is something everyone is keen to know.
    the durability issue of valves becomes very important, along with TAVR in TAVR.
    The FDA are going to host a webinar with bench test results of everyone's valves. timeline for this is unknown but it's underway. we also don't know if this study is only current available valves, but a fair call it is. this could be why Wayne has gone silent on our bench test when at the start of the year he was super excited about it. we have only hinted at "over 750million beats". it would be a very smart move to wait for the FDA results on current market valves and the release our data to compare to shortly after.
    so at very least, if we had a "good" valve that is only comparable to what's available, then the market is projected to be so big that most could get a slice.
    there was recently a sale of a very small valve company for $US70million to a moderate international medical company that have total market value of $US1.3billion with all of their portfolio. their projected sales of this little known valve will add $US70million a year to their turnover within a couple of years. that particular valve is already on market and not really exciting or innovative.

so in my view, this comparison at the smaller end of the scale is encouraging.

for us, quicker and cheaper manufacturing, durability and ease of placement is enough to make a dint in the market and take home some decent coin at least a few times more than that current valve. then if we start to prove our claims, one would hope we could then get more and more market share.

speculation increases when the Medtronic study was headed by Dr Prendergast whom is given grants by Edwards and a consultant for Abbott and Anteris. Medtronic have not had a smooth run and there's every chance they may take the easy road and buy up a developing product. I do believe that if we went to market ourselves that we would hold our own at very least and a decent player with some nice earnings. so at a minimum I think think we as shareholders can hold a nice purse in a decent Australian company making a difference.
    Daylight is also possible.

I do agree that for many longer term holders the trust is gone and only amplified by a lack of on market information from AVR through the ASX.
    I'm not quite there yet, my trust is with myself on the research I've done and what I think we could be underneath the smoke and bubbles.
    so, about the holding of cards tight Wayne, please explain!

#notanexpert #dyor

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.