WBT 5.35% $2.30 weebit nano ltd

Before anyone gets too exuberant about the USA stopping...

1. 4,443 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1829
    Before anyone gets too exuberant about the USA stopping technology transfer for strategic reasons and looking at the AI usage as something groundbreaking can I just remind everyone what we have here is memory. Very good memory at that but it is just memory. Shove a 1 in, get a 1 back.

The earliest uses will be to replace nor flash for program loading much quicker, eventually taking over nand flash storage load as it scales up.

Any in-memory compute will be a minor fraction of use cases and we are more likely to just serve as the backing store for CPUs and hardware accelerators like GPUs and even brainchip like stuff before any of that compute moves to in-memory. A tightly designed specific hardware is likely to outperform a logic compute combination built in-memory for some time.

I think if this was a revolutionary compute engine you might see different behaviour at a national strategic level but I think we'll get a pass to deal with any country we want on this. Besides, the USA has already transferred the technology, that horse has bolted when they allowed Rice Uni to make agreements with WBT, an Ozraeli company who is actively working with CEA-Leti, a French company.

I suspect Skywater is purely WBT players with their strong industry connections doing what they do. Connecting and making deals. The fact they are a USA company is merely a bonus.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.30
Change
-0.130(5.35%)
Mkt cap ! $434.5M
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.43 $2.52 $2.28 $20.53M 8.890M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 110471 $2.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.31 1915 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WBT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.