SMN 0.00% 63.0¢ structural monitoring systems plc

Commercial side for SMN, page-3

1. 18,655 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3911
    There’s a comprehensive story on Qantas from Tansy Harcourt  in the Australian today …

There are parts of the story that may be relevant to a Qantas interest in CVM kits.
    In relation to these , NB SMN Chairman, Ross Love’s meeting with Qantas senior engineering executives on Monday 05/09/2022 as per [Executive Chairman update 08/09/2022]
    “…We are now finalizing the commercial arrangements for the delivery and installation of the next batch of monitoring kits for installation by Delta Airlines from January 2023.
    At that time, and subject to the expected regulatory approval, we will also be activating the commercial terms under which we have already installed kits on 21 Delta aircraft.
    At the same time, we have begun approaching the next set of ‘high potential’ customers for this application, including Qantas Airways whose senior engineering executives I met with on Monday…”

And possibly also  putting in some good words for CVM at an executive level last November [See @Stezza post 03/09/2022 ]

Today’s story notes current Boeing delays in deliveries across ALL airlines due to supply chain issues (Qantas is still waiting on three 787s due in 2019), talks about margins, notes the age of a large percentage of the fleet including that its’  “737s are up to 21 years old, all at heavy-maintenance-check age.”

The story is in the spoiler with a highlighted portion that I thought was most relevant to SMN.
    ie depending on FAA approval (and those Ross Love discussions with senior executive engineers last September) Qantas may have an interest in retrofittimg  CVM kits to older planes which it intends to keep so as to save on the heavy maintenance costs ?

cheers

Last edited by sabine: 07/04/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SMN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
63.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $86.53M
Open High Low Value Volume
64.0¢ 64.0¢ 63.0¢ $18.19K 28.64K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 12000 61.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
70.0¢ 510 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.58pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SMN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.