AZZ 0.00% $7.50 antares energy limited

This instance, i'm afraid the ASX needs to review the commercial...

1. 163 Posts.
    This instance, i'm afraid the ASX needs to review the commercial sensitivity of the deal and take it into account.

They have reviewed the terms of the agreement and should understand the sensitivity in this industrial climate.

If the ASX does not review the suspension with some commercial awareness due to the nature of the deal for the benefit of increasing the equity value of shareholders, then anyone who owns any shares in any company should question the process of disclosure under listing rules and exemptions.

Any commercially savy person in this situation would not expect the purchasor's identity to be disclosed if it would encourage other sellers in the area to make alternative offers that would jeapordise the deal.

The ASX Guidance note 8 , section 4.15, is not hard compliance. The words " might include" instead of "should or must include", have been used in relation to disclosure of contracts about disposals of asssets.

Regarding the lodgement of the agreement on the ASX Market Announcement Platform, the guidance document under footnote 109, page 25, says it would recognise commercially sensitive content where full publication would be inapproprite!!!

Section 4.20 then covers Commercially sensitive information, where ASX would recognise commercially sensitive matters. It says " ASX recognises that disclosure of such information could be used by the entity's competitors or by other customers or supliers, to the detriment of the entity and investors in the entity".

So ASX should get familiar with their own guidance documents don't we all agree?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AZZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.