''You are the one that keeps complaining about Australia.'' if...

1. 81,187 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    ''You are the one that keeps complaining about Australia.''

if you actually read what I write - all of it instead of just reacting to the bits in your biased brain -

you will see that I sheet home most of our problems to decades of bad management and culture ---------- and mostly - Oz has had Liberal governments

federally Oz has run AND STILL does run - on the Howard do nothing architecture ----

the race to the bottom -------------- 'I can cut, more than you can cut' ----------- It has infected both sides of politics.

Hand over the responsibility - in fact -walk away from the responsibility of much of what government should do.

Albanese I suspect - does not think that way -------------- BUT, Albanese is hampered by the fearful culture of Ozzies

Keating described it months back as a 'timidity' -------------------- he's just nicer with the words than I am -

I call it gutless

So, even if you get a PM like Albo - who I suspect would love to do bigger things --------------- he's smart enough to know that you can't - because Ozzies are too scared of change -

and he's smart enough to try very hard to hold his party to only doing what we said and no more --------- wherever possible

if one looks at the history of federal politics right from Fraser ---------- 23 years of Liberal government and in came Whitlam -

big changes - and Oz couldn't handle it - so Fraser engineered dirty pool ------- and from there - the Liberal Party lost all honour -

eventually the baton passed to the John Howard - first self professed conservative Liberal leader - and a total disaster for Oz - not because of what he did -but, because of what he didn't do -

and Howard's do nothing architecture shaped Ozzie federal politics to this day --------- do nothing where possible

the problem is that a federal government HAS to do things if it's to develop a country into a nation -

no nation was ever built with do nothing, cut cut cut, low tax, low debt and no investment

it's never been done, it can't be done and it will never be done

and yet - that is precisely the belief structure that we are stuck with - all of us - including Labor who are shackled with the fear of Ozzies to do what is necessary

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.