Committee On Climate Change Costs £3.7m A Year FEBRUARY 24, 2017...

1. 27,630 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 473
    Committee On Climate Change Costs £3.7m A Year

FEBRUARY 24, 2017

The Committee on Climate Change (CCC) is a (supposedly) independent, statutory body established under the Climate Change Act 2008. Its purpose is to advise the UK Government and Devolved Administrations on emissions targets and report to Parliament on progress made in reducing greenhouse gas emissions and preparing for climate change.
    The idea that it is in any way, shape or form “independent” is laughable. Its committee members are appointed by government, which also provides the CCC’s funding.
    Just how much does this funding amount to? According to its Annual Accounts, the not inconsiderable sum of £3.7m a year.

Gummer gets £1000/day, and other committee members £800/day. The Chief Executive, Matthew Bell is paid an eye watering £190K.

I realise that £3 million is a drop in the ocean for the government, but surely the money could be put to better use?
    And if the government still wants advice, I would offer my services for a couple of grand. But then , they might not like the advice I gave them!

https://notalotofpeopleknowthat.wor...ommittee-on-climate-change-costs-3-7m-a-year/

*** The government appoints a body to provide it with the advice it wants, in order to pursue the policies it wants. !!
    Last edited by birdman29: 25/02/17

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.