I just popped out and was listening to 2UE is Sydney and they...

1. 937 Posts.
    I just popped out and was listening to 2UE is Sydney and they were discussing Glenn Steven's comments re the housing situation where he indicated that housing prices are not unreasonable in Aus and he see possibility of softening in the market but no crash.

They had an expert discussing;

- first home ownership help

- using super as a deposit on a home

- negative gearing and its abolution

Quite a few calls and interesting to hear differing views.

To me, the first two will just push prices up further and the last is a dead-duck.

If we listen to most of the posters here we don't have to do anything as prices will plunge and things will mega cheaper and nearly everyone will own a home.

If prices are going to crash there is will be no problem and lots of energy and time is wasted in finding a solution.

One of the other possibilities discussed was to improve transport corridors and public transport to the outer areas of capitals, I can only see that pushing up prices.

Whether it be right or fair, all I can see is a situation where the haves will have and the nots won't. In between there will be people on average incomes doing all they can and work heaps and will do it.

all the best

Disclosure: After divorce I was without property for a bit under 2 years and hoped property would crash and I had resentment towards those that had it and were doing it easy - I am not proud of that at all. Eventually I just got stuck in, bought and belted that mortgage with everything I had and a bit more.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.