AGS 0.00% 17.5¢ alliance resources limited

Getting some airplay over here - this was on mmm radio a moment...

1. 519 Posts.
    Getting some airplay over here - this was on mmm radio a moment ago!

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/business/environmental-allclear-for-northern-flinders-ranges-uranium-mine-project/story-fni6uma6-1226709791195

Nod for Flinders uranium mine

SOUTH Australia's next uranium mine in the Flinders Ranges has cleared its final regulatory hurdle, receiving Commonwealth Government environmental clearance.

The Four Mile uranium project is a $110 million joint venture between Quasar Resources and Alliance Resources, who are locked in a legal dispute.

The mine monitoring, closure and community engagement plans required under the Commonwealth Environmental Protection and Biodiversity Conservation Act had been approved, Alliance Resources said.

The State Government last month approved its Program for Environment Protection and Rehabilitation (PEPR) which covers the safe environmental management of the mine during operation and its rehabilitation once mining is over.

It follows the granting of a 10-year mining lease in April last year.

If commissioned, the Four Mile project will be South Australia's fourth uranium mine.

The joint venture partners plan to mine uranium using in-situ leeching, which would be captured and processed at facilities operated by Quasar Resources affiliate Heathgate Resources, the owner of the nearby Beverley mine.

In addition to the PEPR, the Environment Protection Authority (EPA) has also approved a Licence for Mining and Mineral Procession at Four Mile, including Radiation Management and Radioactive Waste Management plans.

The project now has to submit modifications to existing PEPR at operations in Beverley and Beverley North to accommodate the integration of the Four Mile operations and pay a Rehabilitation Liability Bond.

Key design, construction and commissioning reports to the South Australian Department for Manufacturing, Inovation, Trade, Resources and Energy and the EPA will need to be submitted at progressive stages of mine development.

Alliance shares were up 14 per cent to 16.5c after the announcement.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AGS (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.