well - it sure looks to be the way it is - - there's been...

1. 79,551 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 75
    well - it sure looks to be the way it is - - there's been several outages in the last 18 months --

now - comsec, mygov is down - the're saying there's probably a lost $100 million in retail sales just from the mygov being down

I would say that it's very obvious that there's no backup - it there was - we wouldn't have outages - or if we did - it would only be for a few minutes.

To me, it's extremly clear that the entire country is at great risk of financial armageddon if attacked - basically - business and trade just stops - like hitting a brick wall.

And, it gets even scarier - if we remember back to an outage or 2 about a year ago (guessing) ----------- telstra couldn't work out why it happened -

now, that's scary.

We are at a stage in history that IMO we are the most vulnerable that we have ever been -- in the past - we could lose fuel, electricity, gas - whatever - we could stagger on - nowdays - if the net goes down ---------- everything stops - everything.

Medical, hospitals, after a bit of cash runs out - pretty much all trade.

I remember seeing a picture of Darwin a day or so after cyclone Tracy - people had jury rigged a petrol pump by running a belt around a motor bike wheel and that turned the pump --------- meaning, we can do things like that -

you cannot jury rig an internet though - just not possible.

I remember a while back - few years - the net went down and at a fuel station - they were recording sales by hand - so, that when the net came back up, they would put the sales through -- now, that 'might' work for a short term breakdown - but, imagine if it was out for a couple of weeks or months -

it's basically impossible --- we are very vulnerable.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.