Bad situation no doubt, but At the end of the day, you owed...

1. 18,294 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 276
    Bad situation no doubt, but At the end of the day, you owed Comsec... comsec did what they thought was fit to recover the debt.

Yes you say you sold this morning which was enough to cover it, but as it is a T2 transaction they removedit from a CBA account which obviously they have access to, they have saved you $108.00 in late transaction fees ($54 per day). when settlement happens just transfer back to the pensioner account you have be none the wiser,

You should in future keep a record of your ins and outs and make sure at any time you owe them money be sure to have it in your CDIA account so you never have to go through this again. The days of T3 were good, you had an extra day up your sleeve to cover any buys, but now T2 you don’t. But in the end most would say, you shouldn’t be playing the market (T2) with money you don’t have. I’m not sure of other brokers but i think Comsec is the only one that allows you to buy even when money isn’t in your account. I could be wrong so if i need to be corrected fair enough. I would say all Comsec customers over their sharemarket years have be in a similar situation (money not in the account at the time of debting) and had a phone call/text over the matter.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.