commsec iress pro trader alternative

1. 8 Posts.
    Anyone know of alternatives to CommSec iress, and Pro Trader for that matter assuming CommSec kills it in december?

For all its faults CommSec had a market leading product in Pro Trader. Now we are being sent into battle with an old soviet tank.

As i understand it, CommSec iress is a rebranded version of the iress java platform (=garbage) that both bell direct and etrade provide (power etrade), therefore, i'm guessing they are the same pig bar a different colour lipstick. So, they are out of the question.

Is anyone using etrade pro which is an Active X program? Specifically, does it run through a browser, does it feel, for the lack of a better word 'clunky', as does CommSec iress, and are the daily charts live?

Is anyone using Paritech Pulse ($1416 per year), and what are your thoughts? I know that Pro Trader 1 was made by Paritech, but, by looking at their Pulse platform it looks like they did a better job of Pro Trader 1 than they have of their own product.

I am also looking at two subscription based platforms Netquote Equity Pro ($150 per month) and Spark ($200 per month), both include live data. Does anyone use these programs? They are not browser based, but rather run locally on the computer. You cannot execute trades from these platforms, so i'm thinking of running Commsec iress minimized and making the browser window just big enough to display the buy and sell order windows. Also, the charts on these programs do not look like they have been drawn by a four year old.

Netquote equitypro- http://asx.netquote.com.au/equitypro.asp
    Spark - http://iguana2.com/spark

If there is one feature i need above all else it is live daily charts, and, as much as i hate to admit, something that looks 'pretty'. Anyone that sits in front of their computer all day will understand why.

If you are reading this CommSec you will have noticed i spelt your name capitalized. For whatever sliver of remaing respect i have, yes i made the effort to reach over to the shift key before pressing C and before pressing S. But don't push me commsec, don't push me.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.