CommSecIRESS Viewpoint, page-54

1. 46,653 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8777
    I used iress trader for 10 years with Etrade and ANZ - I lasted 1 day when ANZ switched to that dodgy CMC platform - I switched to Comsec because they offered both Iress Trader and Viewpoint . After  using it for a few months I got exactly 24 hours notice that I had been switched to viewpoint and could no longer get iress trader.

I initially hated Viewpoint but it does have a better chart package and some good features - I much prefer the data feed on iress and it was a lot easier to view with my old eyes - You can change the colour plate on the chart program on viewpoint to a darker black but you cant do that on the data pages why ???

one thing  to be aware of is Comsec offer ASX and CHI X combined data feed and also order routing through both exchanges and centerpoint dark pool. Pretty sure Westpac and NAB only offer viewpoint with ASX data. Amscot was my next choice - I may still switch to them but I dont no how long iress will be still offering iress tarder - there is a problem with Java based platforms.

Chart below has the darker background that I have chosen - but it doesn't save it I have to change it every time i log on

xjo.png

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.