LNR 11.1% 0.4¢ lanthanein resources ltd

denver,FNT's stategy in regards to future JV's, selling...

1. UFX
    1,130 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    denver,

FNT's stategy in regards to future JV's, selling prospects, developing mines and FNT as a takeover target are very good discussion topic.

These are topics which we will not officially hear about from management because its too early to call anything, and they have positive and negative impacts for FNT.
    Perhaps something to discuss a little at the agm.

The way I see it is that the OK Tedi JV's are out of FNT's focus for the next year at least other than keeping the market informed of OK Tedi's progress. The huge positive to come out of this is that Peter doesn't have to spend valuable time on the exploration and if a prospect proves worthy, FNT have a JV contract with OK Tedi which may prove to be very positive in developement of the deposit.

Andewa on the other hand may prove to be the bigger company maker if the cards fall correctly. It's potentially too big for FNT to go it alone. I think FNT are after a very good resource statement from there, but after that, they have to get a deal together. Assuming its as good and better than more than 100 , Cu porphyrys hoping for developement, FNT will have to do a deal with one of the majors to see really good returns. Some of the majors that are actively exploring PNG are Barrick, Newcrest, Harmony, BHP, RIO, Vale and probably a handfull of other candidates including OK Tedi that may be big enough to develope a large copper porphyry. No illusions here, FNT can't do this alone. No way it can raise billions by itself to develope something like this. The negative for FNT is that it really has to do a deal with one of them and this is the great unknown.

On the positive side, I know that many majors have taken interest in Andewa. Some have and will go for a visit to Andewa. They are looking for the next opportunity to get something cheap for them, but in relative terms something cheap for them can be a fantastic outcome for FNT and its holders. It all comes down to how good something like Andewa is for example Barrick are exploring and spending quite big on 3 porphyry coppers within about 2hrs drive from Kimbe. I personally think Andewa is looking better than any of them and also better than Mt Penck next door.
    If I was Barrick, I'd be looking good and hard at Andewa. I think Andewa has the ideal near coast location for a big developement. Most porphyry coppers have inland locations like the one's Barrick is working on. Roads, people relocation, environmental control can cost 100,s millions. Size will matter in the end also. Andewa seems potentially massive compared to almost every deposit, but all this is too early to call at this stage.

FNT going it alone only applies to developing a big Au,Cu Porphyry. The game chamges completely if FNT finds a rich epithermal deposit on Andewa, Mt Schrader, Sudest or any smaller scale rich deposit in Tasmania.

Adding to discussions earlier about FNT being an exploration company. It really needs all the properties it has to be effective. I don't think we want a one trick pony where the trick never comes off perfectly. It needs all the exploration options it has, because, as we all can agree, waiting for assays takes time, so will potential negotiations and due dilligence by a major.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LNR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.4¢
Change
-0.001(11.1%)
Mkt cap ! $9.774M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.4¢ 0.4¢ 0.4¢ $3.402K 850.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
14 8437376 0.4¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.5¢ 17986611 24
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.13pm 15/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
LNR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.