VNL 0.00% 10.5¢ vinyl group ltd

Music streaming services have their own algorithms for suggested...

1. 171 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 38

Music streaming services have their own algorithms for suggested music so i suppose that metadata could help make these algorithms better. The main point of the data isn’t so much for song suggestions as it is for paying royalties to the correct people.

If you listen to a song on Spotify, the owner of the song gets paid let’s say $1 per 1000 plays. A portion of that will go to the artist, a portion to the lyricist etc. The issue arises when a contributor is missing. Say the drummer isn’t listed in the credits, he’s missed out on potentially thousands of dollars in revenue. But how does he prove he was a contributor? The solution would be Jaxsta.

Also yes, similar to LinkedIn it would be for networking and sort of a resume and transcript of your work that is official and 100% verified.

As for not many people searching artists, I’d probably agree. I don’t know many people who would look for the sound effects manager on a Justin Bieber song. But I can assure you that the sound effects manager will want this platform so he can be paid accordingly. Louis mentioned in a video that one of his friends gained $10000 after he realised music was released that he didn’t previously know.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VNL (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.