3DP 0.00% 5.9¢ pointerra limited

Company in Spain offering similar product, page-9

1. 246 Posts.
    I agree with you, Intellivista. A lot of what they are trying just doesn't make sense.

I've previously commented on the Pointerra model and I have been related to point cloud tech previously. The data is too big, and their model is to get people in Australia, with Internet speeds rated at number 67 in the world, to copy that data up into the cloud? We are talking about many, many terabytes of data, not gigabytes. Not only will it take forever to copy the data but it will now be more expensive to store it. Why on earth would any business or government department go down that path? Not to mention that it will now cost them even more to look at their own data.

They'll meet their first target, 100 Billion points in their collection, so the directors will get their performance bonuses. I wonder if it counts that the CEO also owns another company that collects data? 100 billion points is not that much. You can capture that in a day easily.

They are also up against some monsters in the US, and Europe, where the people have a *lot* of experience with point clouds. Not a single person at Pointerra has ever had any experience with point cloud datasets, as per the online resumes.

It's not a good look and as you said, just flogging catch phrases.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add 3DP (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $47.49M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.9¢ 5.9¢ 5.8¢ $5.912K 101.0K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 13051 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 250000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.19pm 06/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
3DP (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.