SilentO - I am with worzel1 on this. The potential deal is a...

1. 327 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    SilentO - I am with worzel1 on this. The potential deal is a disaster. With the opportunities available elsewhere, RND could walk away from the Liberian deal and buy into an operating IO business - there are plenty of those that are just scraping by, and some that are possibly not making any money, but why would you want to get into the IO business anyway. The big players have huge reserves available, low cost mines and the capacity to ramp up production at short notice so to go into IO means RND would be swimming against the tide.

You mention that "the sky isn't falling in" but with the actions of directors it has a horrible tilt. You also mention "major dilution doesn't happen until after ever increasing significant resource milestones are met." In fact majority ownership will transfer to RCL as soon RND takes up its option, and if the full significant milestones are met then RCL will have around 90% ownership (if options granted are exercised) placing RND in the position of being potentially compulsorily acquired. So what price would the minority RND shareholders get in that event?

There is also a mess of cross shareholdings and this deal has the potential to make that worse (IMHO). It all seems like a group of common directors with vested interests trying to keep the 'honey pot' flowing in their direction.

Also to say that we probably shouldn't worry about share dilution because the major shareholders won't be trading their shares is nonsense. Let's say that hypothetically BHP only had 1000 shareholders with one share each. Would those 1000 shareholders be happy if BHP directors issued 96 million shares to buy into a 'nothing deal' in Liberia - but we need to remember that those 96 million shares aren't going to be traded so it doesn't matter!!!. That's hogwash. What happens if a dividend is delared?

I wonder sometimes if there are people on the HC forum being paid to write this stuff.

I am no longer a holder in RND - sold out recently as can't see any future here.
  2. This thread is closed.

You may not reply to this discussion at this time.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RND (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.