PRU 2.25% $2.61 perseus mining limited

PRU is a great company with excellent project, though low grade...

1. 344 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 13
    PRU is a great company with excellent project, though low grade is a constant drag. They have done pretty much all they said and on time. Undoubtedly they have been victim to the recent gold stock capitulation that I have detailed elsewhere. I have held for close on 5 years and wont sell yet as I believe there is still good upside. I believed that PRU was a $3-5 stock when the gold price was half what it is now.
    But there is a significant risk that given most of the stock is held offshore the rising perceived currency risk may result in further liquidation irrespective of the stock specific positive fundamentals. This would be unfortunate and probably the only realistic way PRU would trade to $1.45.
    I have stressed to MC the need to promote the stock to Australian funds, but with gold losing its sheen as an investment that opportunity may have been lost.
    Its just a thought but may have some credence. Probably need some commodity or stock specific very good news soon to reduce this risk.
    I am not downramping as I have stated elsewhere that I believe the next leg up in gold will see outsize gains in stocks as many of the weak hands in gold stocks have been shaken out.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PRU (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$2.61
Change
-0.060(2.25%)
Mkt cap ! $3.591B
Open High Low Value Volume
$2.58 $2.62 $2.57 $14.74M 5.660M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 11988 $2.59

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$2.61 80936 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PRU (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.