LOM 2.33% 4.2¢ lucapa diamond company limited

Last year's EGM from a fly on the wall: [ATTACH] Q (shareholder)...

1. 13,191 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2694
    Last year's EGM from a fly on the wall:
    FLY.jpg
    Q (shareholder) The company’s currently valued at $100m, and Miles referred to, could be a tenfold increase in share price. How do you scale that concept of what it can be worth? Obviously there’s the pot of gold, but no one knows how big the pot of gold is. So how do you put scale on that or potential or how do you know?

A (SW) Did you take a look at some of the other ones that started off small and where they’ve got to – large stone producers? You have a look at GEM Diamonds’ Letseng Mine? I would use that as an indicator, and you go to the Karowe Mine, Lucara’s Mine in Botswana. Have a look at that mine – that’s producing large diamonds as well, it’s had a lot of +10.8 carat sales. I think $136m raised last year through just from +10.8 carats alone. It’s average carat is around about $600, so it’s bearing on the better quality type production. You start looking at those sort of size mines. It you have a look at where we’re pitting as well – if you have a look at L251 which is 220ha. That is four times the size of the 4th largest diamond mine in the world. You know, you’ve got Jwaneng at 52ha, Orapa at 100ha, you’ve got Catoca at 64ha. So you look at that sort of scale, the area that we’re looking for and we’re digging in and around. I don’t know if that is the top end to be honest. You know, we’ve got a very special mine now – as I said to you, these diamonds are far and few between in this industry. I have seen THE best diamonds in the world, and I’ve seen THE worst diamonds in the world and this is in a category that I would have a guess, no I wouldn’t have a guess, I would say probably one other mine, and that is a very special place.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add LOM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.