VOR 0.00% 39.5¢ vortiv limited

Comparison with ASX Peers, page-60

1. 929 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 205
    Well it was only two months ago and this was barely chugging along at .007. In October last year I even got a small parcel at .005 (obviously now I wish I got more at the time).

Whilst it would be nice to see the SP take off, I think MC & P/E multipliers will be even kinder to us in due course.

The comparison table is interesting on lots of levels - so thank you to those who provide it from time to time. This table should give LT holders some comfort in the interim.

The world is crying out for cyber and cloud based solutions and services. Yet in the rush to market a number of peers are finding it very hard going, despite the massive opportunities that seem to exist, judging by their revenues.

I believe Jeff's laser focus on the priority given to existing large customers (none who are material in their own right) is what is likely to set us apart from some of the others, who are also in the early stages of development.

It must be a lot easier on so many levels to service several large customers than many small customers. Large customers often mean large needs, large budgets and with it large expectations.

Obtaining and keeping these larger customers (key accounts) is of paramount importance. Jeff spelt it out as his # 1 priority in the announcement of 30/7/19 on p2 ... "this is crucial to enhance TSN's business fundamentals and financial strength".

Jeff has already laid the foundation to doing this of a low revenue base (when compared to peers).

Priority # 1 sounds so simple and obvious, but in reality we can see it's much harder to achieve (when compared to peers).

Jeff's next priority is investing in R&D (with four projects underway) all funded from internal cash flow in order to enhance growth. TSN really only needs one project to be successful to underpin future R&D initiatives and create new revenue streams.

Finally (priority # 3) the right acquisition could easily build on foundations laid out in Priorities 1 & 2.

The new constitution that will most likely get approved at the AGM, has provisions for share consolidations and dealing with unmarketable share parcels.

If the new constitution is adopted, I can see the case for a share consolidation within the next 6 months. That would potentially look a bit more appealing to larger investors. We will also have a better understanding of Vortiv by that time.

Right now I don't think it's a good look to have the parent company of DWX & C10 have a 1 cent share price, when dealing with ASX 50/100 companies and large government departments (although it hasn't stopped us getting decent contract wins).

I don't think the market is asleep on TSN. It's warming up to the possibility that something good appears to be unfolding here. However, it's easily distracted by new opportunities elsewhere that offer promise (revenues), but don't always deliver (profits).

Whilst Jeff has been a CEO/MD in private companies, this is his first gig on an ASX listed entity. Rightly or wrongly, he has to build a track record in front of a much wider audience than he has encountered before. This track record is developing. By the time Xmas comes around assuming the CN converts he will have in excess of $500k invested in TSN. At that stage he would comfortably sit in the T10 shareholders.

As TenX has mentioned - Jeff appears to be playing the long game, and perhaps that's the best way forward (when compared to peers).

So by Xmas, we will know more about Vortiv, more about Jeff and his plans and his skin in the game will be there for all to see.

In the interim I think the market wants to see the strategic priorities - in particular # 1 & # 2 continue to be executed. If the right acquisition comes along, then great, but in the mean time stay focused. As we can see with some of our peers, chasing opportunity can come at a significant cost.

We appear to have solid foundations and from there, scale can come, and then so will higher MC and P/E multiples.

gltah.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VOR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.