HRO 0.00% 6.8¢ hiro brands limited

Compelling opportunity, page-14

1. 4,275 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 359
    TFG will be one of those shares where I was right in my assessment of events but totally wrong in the outcome.
    I bought in because they looked amateurish and under funded, thus a likely target for much bigger fish like KKR and VTG in an industry which is attracting quite some interest. I still think this will happen but a premium price, for which I was hoping, is out of the question. Right now TFG is in the emergency ward hovering in and out of consciousness. The longer this goes without a resolution, the less we will get.

And in a financial sense I can see why. The 1HFY18 Results - SHOCKING - Comparatives to 1HFY17 should have shown massive improvement - didn't!
    Revenue flat - declined by 0.3% despite acquiring a number of businesses during the year
    Gross margin  (materials, wages, contractors) to sales declined from 30% in 1HFY17 to 20.4% in 1HFT18...50% decline in GP margin!!!  
    Occupancy Expenses as a % of sales increased from 7.6% to 10.8%
    An impairment of $1.55m - which is code for poor acquisition decisions
    All up, a loss of $3.399m or 2.7c a share
    The Balance Sheet reflects a poor condition - the current ratio is 0.58X. Suppliers will be getting jittery. Cash is down some $1.83m whilst  borrowings are up $0.97m...in just the last 6 months!
    The MD should not only step down, but retire from the industry, her reputation is shot!
    As a shareholder in VTG I hope they can pick this up at a good price and then totally rebrand it. The brand is amateurish and their business model with coolSculpting a total dud!
    By about now, Paul Fleming will have to make another convertible note advance or good night nurse and amen!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HRO (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.