GLN 26.1% 14.5¢ galan lithium limited

Yer good article MM but this is where I would counsel ;dont look...

1. 848 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2990
    Yer good article MM but this is where I would counsel ;

1. dont look at it every day unless your're a trader.
    2. Yes there is manipulation but that means you have to do your analysis well and then back yourself in and moreover be confident in your original hypothesis.I am not saying hold for the sake of holding but. You always need to review periodically. If the investment hypothesis changes or management is not performing, then don't stubbornly hold either. However you have to in the long run have more patience than the scumbug's doing the manipulation otherwise your just their prey.
    3. The article says Wall street has more patience but I would counter argue and say yer well maybe, but if that's so , it's not that much more patience . Everybody is impatient today including all the wall street and private equity / hedge fund types who are quite often the manipulators chasing short run returns but that actually makes them vulnerable too as they have to constantly mark to market and report to the market. That's actually where a true long term fundamental investor has an advantage. My time horizon is 2030 ( my retirement date) , the manipulators I am up against, chances are their horizon is this qtr's reporting cutoff. I know who has the advantage in this situation exploiting mis-pricing of fundamentals.
    4. People need to decide too are they an investor or a trader ? A lot of people say they are a trader but then carry on if one has a few bad days or weeks like they are a trader. Nothing goes up in a straight line, get used to it. That volatility but is your friend once you get used to it.
    5. Gln is a great example of how having patience can pay off. A lot of us on this board go back to the DMI days. We have seen ups and downs in that time and lot of us were behind for a long period, in fact up to late last year for many of us, for some even well into this year before we were ahead. The whole way through even in the dark times when we got down to 14 cents , the investment thesis was unchanged but moreover the thesis was in fact firming up as JP and GLN kept quietly kicking goals yet nobody was listening. This is where the little guy/woman who does their homework , backs themselves and gets in early , can get way ahead of the majors and the manipulators. But you will get suckered out of that advantageous position of being in earlier if every time there is a bad day or multiple bad days , you let that short term volatility cause you to panic or your're simply impatient because you want to move on to the next shiny object that has the market's attention. The sharemarket will teach you that patience is something that needs to be measured in many years, certainly not many weeks or even many months.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.