GLN 2.63% 18.5¢ galan lithium limited

It's a bit more complicated than that. The issue with Jadar is...

1. 166 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 267
    It's a bit more complicated than that. The issue with Jadar is that it's bulldozing a huge amount of prime agriculture land and displacing hundreds of people from their homes. Tearing down entire villages. Of course they're pretty mad about that, what do you expect. If a Chinese company came and said they were going to bulldoze your entire suburb, destroy your job, rip up the ground then send all the profits and benefits back to China you'd be pretty damn pissed about it too. The company in Spain you're thinking of is EMH and it was a similar issue, they pretty much have to ruin a village to set up that mine. It's not like some operation in the distant wilderness, it's directly destroying homes and farming land. Similar kind of issue with PLL.

So what does that tell me? Firstly, that these big boys are so desperate for lithium supply that they are trying to ram through deeply unpopular projects that they normally wouldn't touch. They know the world really, really wants that lithium. It's worth it for them to take the gamble and see if they can get these crappy projects over the line. Secondly, the lithium deposits in Argentina and Australia are all the more valuable because they're in very remote areas with very limited disruption to people. There's been no major opposition to projects in those areas.

That's why I'm invested only in Argentina/Australian lithium. They will be the winners while other projects get bogged down.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
-0.005(2.63%)
Mkt cap ! $87.68M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.3¢ $411.8K 2.222M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 671710 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 194077 7
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 17/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
18.5¢
  Change
-0.005 ( 2.63 %)
Open High Low Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.5¢ 817240
Last updated 15.39pm 17/06/2024 ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.