GLN 3.57% 13.5¢ galan lithium limited

Here are some interesting charts I thought I might share.I like...

1. 375 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2256
    Here are some interesting charts I thought I might share.

I like to put company announcements on some of my charts. I represent the announcement as a vertical line with a tag which summarises the announcement (the tag is to the right of the line at the top of the chart). I use different colours to represent whether the announcement is positive or negative. Green is positive, orange is neutral (not significantly positive or negative) and red is negative. I also use blue to indicate announcements (or events) which cause a re-rate (kickers).

Here is a zoomed in sample below so that you can see what I'm talking about. It is the most recent price action and the associated announcements.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4223/4223124-9649034acecd311f22068ee22c3cc54c.jpg

This next chart is a zoomed out view which shows the full uptrend we have had since November 2021. In this chart the tags are so close together that you won't be able to read them - but you can see the colours of the vertical lines so you can tell whether they were positive or negative announcements. This chart is useful for seeing the frequency of announcements and the delayed reaction by the market. You can also see the dry patch that we have just been through and the impact on price (granted the general market sentiment has been pretty bearish during a good portion of this period). This shows how the market needs to constantly be fed with positive information otherwise the SP starts to decay. As a result, I think the market prefers smaller announcements more often than larger announcements (more content) less frequently. If there is too much information the market doesn't digest it properly - it's like watering a garden for a long time but only once every 3 months (it's not as effective).

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4223/4223224-ad3e0cd987c7c7a27ff262bddcb47660.jpg

In this version below I have removed the neutral (orange) announcements, as these won't have a major impact on price (other than slowing the time decay). With this less busy version you can actually read the tags. When looking at this I was surprised to see/remember how many big kickers (blue lines) we had in fairly quick succession at the start of the bull run. Again you can see how long it takes for the positive announcements to filter through the market.
    https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4223/4223557-9dd57e0eb86a4727acc2d8d925286d56.jpg

Note that determining whether a announcement is positive, negative or neutral is a pretty subjective thing - I've just done what I thought was best. For example, the Cannacord Broker Report perhaps shouldn't be classified as a kicker - I just did that because it seemed to coincide with a decent run on the SP.

Anyway, I posted these because I thought people might find them interesting. Let us know if you have any observations that are worth sharing.

Apologies to those using a phone to read this, you'll probably need to click on the images on full sized device (laptop, tablet, etc) to be able to read them properly.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
13.5¢
Change
-0.005(3.57%)
Mkt cap ! $67.18M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.5¢ 14.5¢ 13.5¢ $202.2K 1.462M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
10 617981 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.0¢ 346324 16
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.32pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.