GLN 7.69% 14.0¢ galan lithium limited

Actually this is huge news in and of itself on more levels than...

1. 847 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2990
    Actually this is huge news in and of itself on more levels than you think , not just because it means the US govt is pumping a crap load of money into EV development including charging stations but it means one of the lingering questions hanging around now for the last few years, is probably now well and truly decided. That is, which tech will be the preferred tech to replace ICE cars.

There are still quite a few people out there ( internet bloggers, you tubers, tech nuts) pushing the line that hydrogen will be the ultimate winner , this tends to be often the ultra green type loons who want the mythical perfectly clean energy source to replace ICE's. Hydrogen seems to have been pigeon holed in this development but as still an "emerging tech". Hydrogen was always going to be a long shot simply because its expensive to manufacture and then you have the problem of distributing it everywhere. At least with EV's , everyone at least has power on at home which at least gives a baseline distribution network , so your charging stations only have to cater for people moving great distances from their home.

With this announcement now, EV's are going to have so much momentum , the uptake of hydrogen cars in the places where they are actually an option in the US like California, will be very limited now I think. Its clear which technology the government has picked as the winner for at least the next decade. Usually in business those techs which get out in front , usually win long term, even if someone later has a better technical product. Hydrogen now I think will be reserved I think for smaller special use cases maybe like long term heavy transport needs. Without the scale economies very unlikely hydrogen on a business case basis is going to work. I wouldn't be surprised even if manufacturers like Toyota, who are pushing the hydrogen fuel cell line even decide now that backing that horse to the extent they have might not now make as much economic sense.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add GLN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.0¢
Change
0.010(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $70.93M
Open High Low Value Volume
13.0¢ 14.0¢ 12.5¢ $284.5K 2.130M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
5 134586 13.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
14.5¢ 430000 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
GLN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.