CDA 1.51% $15.68 codan limited

competition in africa, page-12

1. 9 Posts.
    I have long been curious as to whether the only Chinese GPX clones were the ones where the box looked real but the guts were merely cheap VLF detectors which in no way resemble a genuine GPX.

Now we have the report by pallister of a true clone - physically and functionally identical. Having no reason to doubt the veracity of the report, this represents the worst of bad news for Codan. Selling GPX detectors at full price gets nearly impossible when some customers will settle for the clone at a radically lower price while others will be scared off by the risk of paying full price and getting a fake!

One thing I wonder however is - what was the scope of the recent breach of Codan's proprietary data? If it included design details of the GPX detectors, it would explain the appearance of true clones. The other issue with this breach is it's possible effect on sales of military radio gear. How many prospective customers wonder if Codan's radios with their sophisticated frequency hopping and encryption algorithms are truly secure?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.