MSB 3.76% $1.03 mesoblast limited

1. Some posters seem to be hijacking the HC board about...

1. 522 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3624
    1. Some posters seem to be hijacking the HC board about competition to Mesoblast in the ARDS space. Let me address this briefly and hopefully put this to bed (I am sure the naysayers will persist but there is an ignore button for that):
    Athersys - This one is easy. I have addressed this some time ago. See my post:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/athersys-vs-mesoblast.5327521/?post_id=43874221
    CytoDyn - I have addressed this as well in the recent past:
    https://hotcopper.com.au/threads/you-wanna-play-with-fire.5360989/page-60?post_id=44477483
    Since I last wrote about CytoDyn, the company has been hit by lawsuits from 5 different law firms "concerning the Company and its officers’ possible violations of the federal securities laws".
    What CytoDyn did was unethical and violated federal securities laws: In a nutshell, this is what happened - On 4/27/2020, the company said it filed a BLA application with the FDA for Leronlimab for HIV treatment but did not disclose that its BLA "will be considered completed after the clinical datasets are submitted on May 11, 2020." So the misrepresentation has what led to the lawsuits.
    Its CEO also unloaded shares when the stock went up and later tried to cover it up by giving a weak explanation that he "sacrificed" his shares in order to exercise his stock options (which were at a much lower price).
    Sorrento Therapeutics - this is a new "poster child". All they have done is in-vitro studies. Nothing in-vivo. A long, long road ahead before they even get to clinical trials in humans.
    What is damning is in an article published in Seeking Alpha yesterday, "STAT's Adam Feuerstein says he received his embargoed message from Sorrento Therapeutics" (you can click on the word "message" which has a hyperlink to see the message)
    https://seekingalpha.com/news/3575162-sorrento-blitzed-reporters-embargoed-pitches-on-covid-cure-feuerstein
    This is stock promoting at best, in my opinion. They are looking to do a CR and are pumping their stock for it.

Here is the deal: Alpha Exposure and Adam Feuerstein are known for writing hit pieces on biotechs. They have recently been active with hit pieces on Athersys and Sorrento Therapeutics. Their articles move the sp one way: down.
    They have stayed away from Mesoblast at least for the last 4 years that I know of. I know why - they cannot come up with anything against Mesoblast.
    Listen folks, companies are touting everything under the sun as remedies for COVID-19. Don't fall for it. Thankfully we have the FDA to legitimize drugs/therapies.
    Mesoblast has never misled investors nor has promoted its stock (unlike CytoDyn and Sorrento Therapeutics). They don't have to.

2. Is Mesoblast the lead horse? I don't know much about horses but I do know a lot about (and love) dogs. Mesoblast is the lead dog. The alpha dog. If you have not watched the movie "Togo", I urge you to do so. It's a true story about Togo the lead sled dog who ran in the 1925 serum run in Alaska. He ran 261 miles while other sled dogs in his team ran an average of just 19 miles each. There are two instances in the movie where Togo, as a puppy, is locked up by Willem Defoe - once in a kennel and then in a barn and both times, he gets free on his own, wanting to run. Mesoblast, like Togo, has freed itself from restraints and is running now. The lead dog, ahead of the pack. Go see the movie and think of Mesoblast as you watch Togo. The comparison is apt.

3. I am really frustrated to see ASX not appreciate Mesoblast. This has happened recently both on major news - when the 12 patient compassionate use results were reported and when the recent CR was completed. While the Nasdaq wants to run away, it is constantly being "ball and chained" by the ASX. I have seen this many times that the Nasdaq wants to lead but is brought down by the ASX. What is the problem? While many posters are proud declaring that Mesoblast is an Australian company, why then is it so difficult to support the share price of your "own" company? Why are folks so picky about a few cents here and there? How does it matter in the grand scheme of things? If you want to support this great Australian company then you should be buying with conviction, not counting or flipping for pennies. Ugh!
    On the US side, buyers and holders are frustrated by the ASX action. I can guarantee that if this was not dual listed, it would have been in the $20 or $30s on the Nasdaq right now and holding up well. And don't forget we in the US pay an annual 4% ADR fees just to hold MESO stock. It is like we pay dividends to hold the stock. And we are doing so without complaining.

4. Dr. Itescu is doing everything he said he would be doing. I quote "We are working with groups in Australia, the U.S. and the U.K., and I expect there’ll be trials starting imminently in all those jurisdictions.”
    US trials ongoing
    US mfg site - planned
    Australian trials - almost there
    Australian mfg site - planned (thanks to@col69 for sending me the Australian newspaper article and also to@stokdog for tagging an alert)
    Expect news about UK any day now
    Also, expect news about partnership any day now - remember this PR from 3/10/2020: "The Company is in active discussions with various
    government and regulatory authorities, medical institutions and pharmaceutical companies to implement these
    activities."
    The pharma companies is the only element left now from that PR that has not been checked yet. Hence I say expect news about partnership any day now.

5. I have been studying the charts of both MSB and MESO. What is really astonishing is this:
    the share price has gone up roughly 100% since 04/22/2020 while these two important indicators have been negative:
    1. Chaikin Money Flow
    2. Chaikin Accumulation Distribution - there has been no Accumulation. On the contrary, there has been Distribution ever since 04/22/2020.
    This means only one thing: Imagine what the share price will be when both indicators go north. Blue skies above.
    For MESO (on the Nasdaq), the next resistance is at $19.77 (USD) and then at $28.41. I believe we will surge past those two very easily on the news of positive primary end points from the ongoing ARDS trial. Once $28.41 is taken out, again - nothing but blue skies above.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MSB (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.03
Change
-0.040(3.76%)
Mkt cap ! $1.170B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.08 $1.09 $1.03 $7.869M 7.571M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 16411 $1.03

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.03 3952 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 06/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
$1.03
  Change
-0.040 ( 3.65 %)
Open High Low Volume
$1.07 $1.08 $1.03 1907057
Last updated 15.59pm 06/06/2024 ?
MSB (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.