RYG 0.00% 3.3¢ raya group limited

Competition

1. 71 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3
    We’re all getting ready to pop the corks on expensive bubbly in a few weeks’ time, but in the way of a reality check it could be worth discussing the competition or potential competition, so we don’t get hit hard right between the eyes if there is in fact something lurking in some dark corner waiting to pounce.

Someone I know recently questioned the worth of my investment in RYG because apparently there was something on television that showed how a mobile phone could already control all the appliances etc in a new home (and that's all I know so apologies for the vagueness).

It inspired me to re-read the Independent Expert's Report and "Open Remote" gets a small mention as a competing technology. Open Remote was apparently a winner at IoTWorld San Francisco in 2015 (so they say). They don’t really come across as being a commercial product with mass appeal but I’m no tech head and they could be a threat for all I know.

There was also a small thread in the RYG forums that started on 30th of January this year, on some mob called WiFiThings’ “code-free Internet of Things (IoT) platform” but the thread went no-where. My quick take on the WiFiThing approach is that it seems to be a bit more complicated and they’re a bit behind us, but others may see it differently.

For all intents and purposes it does appear that we are ahead of the game but it would be good to know what else is around? If you're interested, maybe we can have a closer look at the competition and share some thoughts? I’m setting the ball rolling here in the hope that some of you out there know more than I do and are happy to share your knowledge. Either way, I'm looking at going back to the Shire in the not too distant future to drink beer, hang out with Gandalf and Frodo and keep track of that pesky Gollum, and I'll resurface when something important XPE-ish happens!

Cheers
    Bilbo

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RYG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.