OAK 0.00% 7.0¢ oakridge international limited

competition?, page-17

1. 1,371 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 10
    Since becoming interested in investing in XPed very recently my main concern has been whether there are any competitors which could make XPed redundant before the technology gained market traction. So ive spent quite a bit of time googling looking for such threats and for that reason Im happy to see these posts where other products are being brought to the discussion. I think its good to keep assessing and comparing XPed against anything thats out there

CANDI sounds good when you read their website but if you read a bit further you realise that its just another off the shelf product that requires development work to integrate into your environment.

"For service providers and systems integrators, our open IoT API exposes that control capability to let you quickly launch your own branded, user-friendly apps or web portals so that building managers can securely access, monitor, and control building systems from mobile devices or web portals. Building management capabilities—such as remote and rules-based HVAC and lighting control—in buildings that lack building management systems can now be achieved at a fraction of the cost and time to implement traditional systems."

And speaking from experience, once you look beyond the marketing spin, the devil is in the detail and usually integration issues only become apparent after youve bought the product and you try to implement it into your environment.

Such products come with their own APIs which you must integrate to, therefore you are limited to the product's out of the box capability. Your device must be made to fit into the product's (in this case CANDIs) architecture; rather than the other way around. Whereas with an ADRC enabled chip embedded in the device and through RML the device becomes self-describing and requires no integration work.

The best analogy I can use to compare ADRC versus platforms like CANDI and Telstra's, is the remote banking platforms that Banks used to offer their customers in the 90's pre-internet versus Internet Banking today. Back then a bank rep would come to your business with the PC Banking application on a disk, install it on your PC, configure it to talk to your bank, configure your account data and you were ready to do your banking. Think of that process as the 'integration' effort to make your PC to talk to your bank. If you wanted to do your banking on multiple PCs the same process had to be repeated on each PC

Internet banking did away with all that. Your PC no longer needed any 'integration' because your bank was 'self-describing' to your browser through HTML. Thats the benefit of ADRC, RML and the Device Browser.

In short I still have not been able to find a competing technology to XPed but will keep looking

https://candicontrols.com/what-we-do/for-service-providers/

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OAK (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
7.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $1.889M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 14202 7.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
8.4¢ 38735 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.06am 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OAK (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.