PAR 2.17% 23.5¢ paradigm biopharmaceuticals limited..

Hmm I'm not even going to begin to pretend I have any deep...

1. 4,285 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 6802
    Hmm I'm not even going to begin to pretend I have any deep knowledge of RNA tech. There is a fair bit of it advancing over the years...all I can say is that it appears to me to be fairly complex and involve a lot of research. Much testing needs to occur. This doesn't mean that something cant be successful in the area of pain management and certainly the market is huge if some solution that's safe presents itself.

My point is that is gets darned complex when dealing with even a single gene. The cascading effect on the ultimate production of the various proteins (and there are many!) can be quite profound.

"The regulatory complexities of miRNAs should also be taken into consideration when either ablation or restoration of miRNA function is being considered in a therapeutic setting. A single miRNA can regulate the levels of hundreds of proteins, raising cautionary flags about the consequences of downregulating or ectopically expressing even a single miRNA species". 1

The other hurdle for this sort of tech is that it can be amazingly expensive at the moment. It seems to be highly individualised. Toxicity issues as well as manufacturing issues are still prevalent here. 2

No doubt there will be a lot of research that takes place and one day, aided with scale and durability studies, there might be real break throughs. One of the major hurdles was the previously difficulty in uptake into the cells, it seems this hurdle is getting over come with tech as Garyic posted.

I suggest we'd have a long window and some decent increase in sales long before these start to pose as real competition at scale. As I've said, the market is truly massive for the many inflammatory type conditions we should be able to address at some point in the future. Certainly pays to keep an eye on these types of solutions though.

Only my views

REF
    1) https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2702667/#:~:text=Another%20major%20concern%20with%20this,or%20triggering%20aberrant%20gene%20expression.
    2) https://www.nature.com/articles/s41565-021-00898-0

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
23.5¢
Change
0.005(2.17%)
Mkt cap ! $82.20M
Open High Low Value Volume
23.5¢ 24.0¢ 22.5¢ $186.1K 801.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 33599 23.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
23.5¢ 65498 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.