BRN 0.00% 17.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

"which other "Edge AI" technology currently has a wider...

1. 2,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 739
    "which other "Edge AI" technology currently has a wider acceptance than Brainchip's?"

Gosh, BrainChip sounds incredible!

Given how amazing it is, I guess we should be seeing enormous revenue just around the corner then?

If we come back down to earth for a moment, BRN is currently a company with a market cap of $2 billion, next to no revenue, and a share price which is likely driven by FOMO and gullible retail investors who get worked into a buying frenzy after believing everything they read on social media (including LinkedIn likes) and stock market forums.

In my opinion, BRN is still a very high-risk play due to the fast-changing and ferociously competitive sector it operates in. It may well succeed (which would be great), but the chances are still reasonably low and they have their work cut out for them.

Think of the earnings required to justify a market cap of $2 billion.Hypothetically, let's say you actually managed to acquire every share on issues for $2 billion. BRN would have to make $200 million in profit every year for 10 years before you got your money back!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
17.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $333.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
17.0¢ 17.5¢ 16.5¢ $2.068M 12.16M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
73 2921940 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
17.0¢ 15034 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.