BRN 2.44% 20.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Competitive landscape, page-2635

1. 2,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 739

@Gwinny66

"Bear Raiding: Bear raiding is the trader's attempt to push down the price of a security in order to cover a short position. This is normally executed when the trader believes the price will not fall down in their favour, prompting them to manipulate the market".

Or perhaps, rather than there being some shorters' conspiracy, the share price has sunk because:

- the company is currently generating minimal revenue
    - it is unclear whether the technology underpinning the company is mature enough for it to be a commercial success at this point in time
    - the company appears to have a much higher valuation than comparable companies
    - the company's share price appears to have been significantly inflated by gullible retail investors being sucked in by hype generated on social media and stock market forums, and
    - the company operates in a very competitive sector

To my mind, there is absolutely nothing remarkable or surprising at all about the recent price drop. If anything, I believe strong arguments could be made it is still grossly overvalued.

What IS remarkable is how BRN managed to achieve its current share price in the first place, let alone rise to over $2 at one point.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $371.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
21.0¢ 21.0¢ 19.5¢ $1.251M 6.200M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
42 1837538 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 114606 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BRN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.