BRN 21.7% 28.0¢ brainchip holdings ltd

Competitive landscape, page-3191

1. 227 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 302
    You must be misinterpreting me Mdiddy I am not here to counter you or anyone because I disagree for the sake of being correct. I agree with you they missed target and now they should make up for it next quarter. You and many people are being very emotional and argumentative for no reason and it is pointless, total waste of time. If someone with reasonable gripes about BRN articulates them factually I will take them onboard. Cheers.

food for thought

Sean: Sure, sure. At its simplest level, our revenue model is very much a licensing or an IP model. So, when you sell to a MegaChips or others, they pay, you know, a significant amount of money for that license for a period of time. And they either have a single design or multi-design depending on what they decide to buy. But, you know, it’s a significant purchase for those companies to buy. Then you go through a period…when they produce their products, you get royalties. But I like to describe how that royalty stream looks like. Obviously, there’s a delay. Somebody buys a license. Then they’ve gotta develop their products so maybe a year, two, maybe even three sometimes before the products come.But when their products start hitting the market, we collect a royalty on each individual product. And so, our modeling, the way we do it is it’s a factor, not a percentage. So, if somebody paid, you know…let’s just say they paid $1 for a license. Obviously, it’s a lot more. We’d expect $3 or $4 or $5 in royalties, not 50 cents. So that’s a way to look at it if you’re trying to model our revenue. As licensees come on more and more, there’ll be a delay but then, quite frankly, the royalties with no cogs come through, and that’s the beauty of this model.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4995/4995421-c25a4dd04a06853a3dc21870eb6699e1.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRN (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.