WBT 5.79% $2.01 weebit nano ltd

Competiton to WeeBit, page-17

1. 1,740 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2835
    hi @Koalabear72 . . thanks for instigating this thread. something we have geard over and over from CH . . and ultimately driven from Dadi is be paranoid. listening to chip war the book at moment and we are into the phase where intel is rebranding to laptops and funny enough what isna word that keeps appearing re intel mindset at the time . . be paranoid. so cool how all the dots align.

to your link from crossbar . . it js 12 mths old and refers to a standard aspect of reram and nothing in that article that suggests crossbar is actually doing anything. the security aspect of wbt reram is something that is well known and well doscussed . . without full technical explanation, basically fact reram self contained in one stack . . unlike flash that needs multi levels . . those levels allow eavesdropping and create security risk. reram mitigates that because of how chip is structured. in short, what is in that 12 mth article is basically pointless tech reporting and says nothing about where crossbar is.

to bigger questions of competitors - ch and dadi have always welcomed competitors, and it is what has helped drive wbt so fast. virtually all that were on the scene have fallen away. others exist i.e. tsmc reram . . but that is good as ch has observed the existence of reram at tsmc has forced every other tier 1 fab to step up.

so what gives me comfort wbt is ahead of others:
    1. status of qualification at skywater. find me any other reram product that is at this stage? a random nondescript article from 13 mths ago doesn't count.
    2. tape out with gf for 22nm . . again, find me any other reram compeitor that is at this stage. worth noting that gf is the second largest chip producer, i believe, after tsmc. if there was a competitor, why would they go with wbt? it is a huge undertaking of time and energy and resources for gf . . choosing wbt for me is them saying 'this is the nest reram available at this time'.
    3. status of qualification - we are on track for full qualification any week (i actually think it is done and now just confirming all data before market announcement). further we are the majority of the way into 'advanced qualification' . . i.e. auto qualification. important to know here that i have not seen any other competitor announce they are heading towards full qual never mind advanced . . why is this powerful . . because adv qual is a massive undertsking . . I'm guessing close to a yr long to complete the multiple rounds of testing so fact competitors are not even taped out means they are 2 plus yrs behind (if they exist).
    4. prelim metrics from wbt reram performance testing to quote CH . . 'were as expected or better' . . . i.e we are delivering the size, speed, power metrics . . and that is before more enhancements are achieved. can a competitor achieve this? maybe? but as we have first mover advantage, they will need to achieve this plus plus to compete . . meanwhile, every week, wbt reram is being enhanced in production environments and with ever growing r and d team. reality of this scenario is it will be very hard (virtually inpossoble) for a competitor to ever catch up with what is a target that just keeps getting further and further ahead. imagine a car doing 50kmh on a freeway . . another car (wbt) is doing 100kmh. each speeds up 10% per minute . . the front car just gets further and further ahead.
    5. simplicity . . the golden ticket. wbt have always promoted how simple their reram is with a. materials and b. masks required in the manufacturing process. like 4 how can a competitor beat this? how can you make the most simplist of processes nore simple . . you can't.
    6. yeilds . . preliminary results in qual showed yields over 99%. yield (along with point 5 above) is the margin maket in the land of chip manufacture. again chip war talks so powerfully to this over and over as the tech industry has evolved. again if wbt yield was 80% you might fear a conpetitor, but how does a conpetitor beat 99% plus yields?
    7. the people . . the bod doesnt need to be mentioned as they are such class. what is worth noting is the other key people who have joined . . they are the whos who if reram, nvm etc wbt having them in their staff room is a huge endorsement of where we stand v competitors

that is enough of a Sunday data download.

in the words of Dadi . . be paranoid . . but at same time i reappy do feel that wbt is in an absolute league of its own and in this phase which will be a land grab we are way ahead and on target to claim.a major part of the territory. and final point here is competitors can be successful . . wbt capturing just a part of the market will make us hugely successful. personally i think it will be a significant part and with that will come.massive success.

happy investing.

2023 huge banner year for wbt
    2020s . . massive banner decade for wbt
    Last edited by Harmattom: 26/02/23

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WBT (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.