AVR 0.73% $14.89 anteris technologies ltd

Competitor - JenaValve, page-18

1. 324 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 94
    Can anyone clarify if other TAVR makers ‘first in human’ trial related to trialing the complete TAVR valve (complete with catheter use) or involved testing the valve/leaflet portion via SAVR initially?

I’m trying to get a better understanding of the time to market for AHZ’s TAVR from now.

With little basis for my current assumption I’m guessing 5 yrs? 2yrs for SAVR, trial and outcome plus 2yrs for TAVR trial and outcome, 1yr stuffing around with trial design/patient recruitment?

Some figures below for SAVR / TAVR average device costs (and the associated benefits).

TAVR = $30k USD
    SAVR = $ 5k USD

Economic Implications of Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement in Patients at Intermediate Surgical Risk
    https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/pdf/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.116.021962

”TAVR may provide both high clinical and economic values in intermediate-risk patients, but final conclusions will require the completion of rigorous analysis. In addition to the aforementioned issues, this analysis may need to consider the issue of long-term valve durability. Most high-risk patients with aortic stenosis are elderly and, thus far, it has appeared unlikely that long-term valve performance would affect cost-effectiveness. Whether this is also true for younger, lower-risk patients is not yet known.”

Emphasis mine in extract above.

I guess AHZ could begin selling SAVR valves within a few years, assuming good trial results, however at $5k I doubt that would cover costs. Perhaps SAVR gets licensed for a better deal than we have see previously?

I can’t see how decent data on AHZs TAVR (potential) to produce superior quality-adjusted life-year gains could be published in less than say 10yrs from now?

I recall some surgeons had used ADAPT material to manually replace heart valve leaflets (a few? years ago) perhaps that data could be used to verify anti-calcification however I would imagine long term superiority would need to be valve against valve.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add AVR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$14.89
Change
-0.110(0.73%)
Mkt cap ! $311.4M
Open High Low Value Volume
$14.50 $14.94 $14.25 $828.5K 56.91K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 621 $14.66

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$14.97 150 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.02pm 05/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
AVR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.