COZ 1.33% 7.6¢ commodities group limited

Yes, Harley hasn't changed his name, but his company certainly...

1. 1,065 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1569
    Yes, Harley hasn't changed his name, but his company certainly has...

This company has had no less than four changes of name since 2001:  Marymia Exploration, Revesco Group, CO2 Group, and Commodities Group.

Here in March, 2004, as Company Secretary of Revesco, Harley announces a promising Gold prospect... so promising, it would seem, that later the same year it prompted the company to change direction, from mining to carbon forestry...

Well, at least they were ahead of the curve. I'd hate to think where they would be had they stayed with the mining.

Initially,  I wasn't impressed with the change of name from CO2 to Commodities Group: the latter sounds like some dime-a-dozen mining company.

But I suspect that was probably the point: the name change coincided with the election of the Abbott government, when any company involved in carbon forestry would want to stay under the radar.

Now, following on from that Australia day gaffe, it does increasingly look like Abbott's days are numbered... and it could be that this is one factor behind the rebound in the COZ share price over the past week.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add COZ (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.