EDE 0.00% 0.2¢ eden innovations ltd

Competitor?, page-13

1. 9,951 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3715

Interesting topic.

I investigated self-healing concrete in 2014. IMVHO, EdenCrete is far superior. Indeed I don't see much of a future for self healing concrete at all.

Here are my findings:

The greatest challenge to self-healing concrete will be achieving consistent crack width i.e. this is already difficult enough to achieve in a consistent manner, which is currently why steel reinforcement is used. Having said this, even the performance of steel reinforcement has been called into question in recent years. This is why I believe that EdenCrete will be able to replace steel reinforcement in a lot of cases (not all!) i.e. due to its ability to ensure consistent crack width (as well as a whole raft full of other advantages).

At this point, I would suggest that you all take a close look at ACI 318, “Building Code Requirements for Structural Concrete and Commentary,” which presents the requirements for design and construction of structural concrete that are necessary to ensure public safety etc.. EdenCrete already meets all of these requirements, whereas self-healing concrete currently doesn't and probably never will.

Cheers.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EDE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.