NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Sorry I disagree with the premise that they need to offer...

1. 988 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 286

Sorry I disagree with the premise that they need to offer detailed account of progress.
    Every oiler has choices unless it is of material impact to the company.
    Some provide detailed periodic accounts of progress reports, ie weekly Depth, Rate of drilling, phase and Findings etc....
    Some choose to only disclose all once the well is complete and the full result is known.

Sorry to say MIN and NWE have zero obligation to provide the market with detailed reports.

Spud-in: The process of starting to drill a wellbore by drilling the initial hole, which is usually a few hundred feet deep.
    Mud logging: The process of monitoring the drilling process by analysing the cuttings and the drilling mud to determine the geological formations and the presence of hydrocarbons.
    Tripping: The process of removing the drill pipe from the wellbore to change the drill bit or to add or remove drilling fluids.
    Cementing: The process of pumping cement into the wellbore to seal the annular space between the casing and the formation, preventing the migration of fluids from one formation to another.
    Well completion: The process of installing production equipment and testing the well to determine its production potential.
    Well stimulation: The process of using techniques such as hydraulic fracturing or acidizing to increase the productivity of the well.
    Directional drilling: The process of drilling a wellbore at an angle to reach a target zone that cannot be reached with a vertical well.
    Logging: The process of measuring the properties of the rock formations and the fluids in the wellbore using tools that are lowered into the well.

The highlighted phases above INO would be legally reportable but that’s at the end of the drilling
    Also these potential events:
    Dry hole: A well that does not contain commercial quantities of hydrocarbons, or in other words, a well that does not produce oil or gas.
    Oil or gas discovery: A well that has encountered commercial quantities of hydrocarbons.
    Pay zone: A specific formation or interval within a well that contains commercial quantities of hydrocarbons.

Obviously any adverse event taking place during the drilling woul dneed to be reproted, like the cementing issue we had previously.

This is IMO from past oiler investment experiences only.
    I’ve had the same oiler do full reports one drill, then next drill report nothing until complete. They informed the market that was their intention though.

Anyway I’m a Nurse so don’t listen to anything I say

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.