I started from totally green with about the same amount...little...

1. 13,444 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I started from totally green with about the same amount...little less, first half year i was 400% up and second half year a little less 350% or so third half year 200%ish this half year 0% as I await a re-rating if it ever comes. I as soon as possible within my increases quarantined an amount to DT and swing trade these infrequent gains I consider separate and for use in my real life as a reward.

The average punter looses 5k on their financed or not new car the moment they sign the purchase papers and they remain tickled pink with their acquisition and by default that loss.

Everyone has their style, by choice or circumstance or both, those with the more 'marketed in the media' amounts to invest with where in my experience not worth listening to....they had the luxury of near total choice because of that bank balance.

I came to the conclusion that the minimum amount worth investing in any one stock was $1000 for every share price cent while spinning up my principle and until I my principle is large enough to afford choice.

Consider it an experience, if your attention span is better than average and you are not prone to swapping fancy...5k is remarkably cheap for the experience that 'should' treat you well for years to come..... no matter what happens to this initial amount.

Too many get scared off early from exploring the market IMO and all for the price of a back slapping new car loss....what a waste of an individuals opportunity.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.